Monday, July 9, 2012

So I feel lame.

Hey, it's Phebee. July 9.
Like I said, I feel lame. Beffy's been off having this super awesome summer and I'm like "yeah...well...I don't do anything."
OK. To be honest, it's not that I don't do anything. I do a lot. It's that I'm doing...normal stuff.

JUNE
I worked as a counselor at a summer camp every week except one, when I went to a Girls' Camp. It's basically a ton of girls camping and griming together for a week. It is so fun. I was a YCL-a Youth Camp Leader, which means I had a YCL partner and together we had 8 girls to babysit all week. I love it. I was the Mama Bear, my buddy was Papa Bear, and our girls used those names religiously the entire week. I don't think they even knew my real name. The highlight of my camp experience was a giant "mud fight" our cabin had-I say "mud fight" because it was pretty much just a lay in the mud, slip and slide in the mud, dog pile in the mud, rub mud on other people, take pictures in the mud, roll around in it...um...time...hahaha. It was so fun.
That's us crazies after the mudfight. Beffy and I are in there... Somewhere...

Also went to the Special Olympics Beffy was talking about, and I loved it SO MUCH. Surrounded by AMAZING, determined, kind people the whole time. Met some people I won't forget. (:
Here's a picture of Beffy and I there. Looking our finest.


JULY
So far I've still been working. Today I started the most amazing job I could ask for. I get to watch the cutest 5th grade girl for 5 hours a day, flexible hours (meaning I come and leave when I want), and I get to GO do stuff with her since I GOT MY LICENSE!!! a couple days ago. Today we went shopping for "dirt cup" supplies: pudding, oreos, gummy worms-so we can make those tomorrow. We made brownies and colored a poster for her brother's "welcome home" party. We made a giant fort. We found a snowcone place and got Tigers' Blood cones-THE BEST EVER <3 She kept asking me to stay longer so I stayed an extra hour (:
I am so excited for this job. I have it this week, and then again all August. I am off the between weeks because I'm taking my Big Trip!!
I'm going to a mountainous South American country to build on to an orphanage and bring joy and love to the sweet little orphans. I AM SO EXCITED. And SO nervous. 9 days to go, wow! That's scary...

Well, I'm going to go look at more beautiful pictures of a delicious work of art. Catch you later. (:

-Phebee

No comments: